Native Plant Nursery Open House 2022
May 7, 2022 - 9:00am to 1:00pm
Friends of Buford Park & Mt. Pisgah
Native Plant Nursery
34639 Frank Parrish Rd.
We are excited to welcome the public to our first open house since 2019!
• Meet Friends of Buford Park & Mt. Pisgah staff and board members.
• Nursery staff and volunteers will be available to answer questions about gardening and landscaping with native plants.
• Find out about stewardship activities and recent projects with Friends of Buford Park stewardship staff.
• Enjoy snacks!
• Kids of all ages can explore the nursery with an educational scavenger hunt.
• Limited inventory of native plants will be available for purchase.• Learn about the Germination and Phenology of Annual Prairie Species Research Project with Jeff Diez's research students, UO Biology Department research project
• Simply wander through the nursery on your own, or join us for a guided tour.
• 9:00 am - Bird walk and native plants for wildlife tour with Mieko Aoki, Friends of Buford Park & Mt. Pisgah Nursery Manager
• 10:00 am - From wild collection to broadcast seeding, a walk and talk about the Friends native plant materials program and its essential role in our stewardship practice with Jason Blazar, Friends of Buford Park & Mt. Pisgah Stewardship Director
• 11:00 am - Pollinator tour with August Jackson, Mount Pisgah Arboretum Interpretation Coordinator and author of The Bees of the Willamette Valley: a comprehensive guide to genera
• 12:00 pm - Nursery Native Plant Phenology Project tour with Gail Baker, Assistant Professor of Biology (retired) at Lane Community College